Gather NEW items in quantities listed below. Assemble Crisis Care Kits (CCKs) and seal the Ziploc bags.
Include only those items listed below. Deviating from this list can cause an entire shipment to be
rejected in customs. Set the CCKs in groups of six (6) to determine the number of banana boxes needed.
2. Pack contents below into a clear 2-gallon OR 2.5-gallon plastic Ziploc bag and seal:
• 1 medium-size bottle of shampoo (12-18 oz.), please tape fl ip-tops closed
• 2 bars of soap (bath-size or larger)
• 1 medium toothpaste (4.0-6.4 oz.)
• 3 toothbrushes (in original packaging)
• 1 box of Band-Aids (30 or more)
• 1 fingernail clipper
• 1 sturdy hair comb
• 2 hand towels
• 4 pocket-size packages of facial tissue
• 1 Beanie Baby-size stuffed toy
3. Obtain the banana boxes from your local grocery store. Please ship CCKs solely in banana boxes, as they provide uniformity, eliminating wasted space in shipping.
4. Cut the heavy brown paper (usually found in the banana box) in half and place inside the bottom of the box. Tape the other half over the hole in the lid. (Plain cardboard may be used in the same way if your banana boxes are missing the paper.)
5. Fill each box with six (6) CCKs—no more, no less.
6. Do not insert money or literature (including anything with the church’s name on it, notes, etc.) in the CCKs or banana boxes.
7. Using strong packing tape, cover all holes in the top and the bottom of the box. Then tape the box securely shut. Please leave box handles open; this makes it easier to load and unload.
8. When addressing the box, please put the name and address of the church (or individual donor) on the box in the “From” section and the address of the warehouse in the “To” section.
9. Do not wrap banana boxes in brown paper or contact paper or put fi lled banana boxes inside another box.